How to upload your video assets in Mlytics Stream?
If you have video assets that you would like to upload for video streaming, then you can follow this guide.
By using Mlytics Stream for your video assets, you can take advantage of its in-stream CDN switching and/or P2P video delivery capabilities. These capabilities can significantly enhance the performance and quality of experience (QoE) of your video streaming, giving your audience a seamless viewing experience.
The figure below shows the process flow.
To do this, navigate to ‘ Stream’ > ‘Assets’.
On this page where you can set up the following:
- Upload Video
- CDN Configuration
- P2P Delivery
- Domain Allowlist
There are 2 ways to upload a video:
1. Quick upload
For this option, you can either drag your file into the box, or click ‘browse’ to upload the file.
2. Source URL
For this option, you can paste the URL of your file and then input your desired file name for it.
Uploaded videos will be automatically transcoded to HLS format (.m3u8) and will be stored in the cloud. Mlytics Stream will provide the HLS output URL for the transcoded videos.
The uploaded videos will be available in the Video List section.
The Video List has the following fields:
- Preview: This is the thumbnail preview of the video.
- Video file name: This is the file name of the video.
- Length: This is the length of the video.
- Upload date: This is the date and time when your video was successfully uploaded.
- Quick actions:
- Category: This allows users to set the category of a video
- Analytics: This will present the Stream Analytics of a video
- Edit: This will redirect users to the video detail info page of a video
- Code Snippet: This provides the code snippet that you can copy into your video application. Read the article about setting up the Stream software development kit (SDK) to learn more
- Delete: This will delete the video.
The system will automatically install 3 Basic CDNs by default, namely Cloudfront, StackPath, and GMA. You may also install additional CDNs by clicking the ‘Add CDN’ button.
If you plan to install China RIM CDN, or China CDN you need to assign a site for the CDN.
If you plan to install Custom CDN, you need to set up CDN hostname for the CDN. Check this article to learn how to obtain the CDN hostname.
You can decide whether to enable P2P delivery or not.
P2P allows users who are accessing the video to deliver video content to other users. Since, this feature reduces the usage of CDN infrastructure, it can reduce the cost of your video streaming services. In addition, P2P uses WebRTC protocol, which can protect the privacy of the stream source.
You can check this article to learn more about P2P delivery
You can enable the domain allowlist.
Domain allowlist defines which domain/s or website/s are allowed to broadcast your video streams.
You can use any domain or wildcard domain, and input up to a maximum of 10 domains. If this feature is disabled, your video stream can be broadcasted to any domains/websites.
You may review the video configurations, and proceed to the next step which is setting up the Stream software development kit (SDK) into your video streaming application.